Introduction of CSS Exam:
CSS Exam stands for Central Superior Service Exam. CSS Exam is conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) Islamabad for the recruitment of candidates to posts (BS-17).
What is the CSS exam?
Furthermore, CSS stands for Central Superior Service (CSS). CSS is a permanent bureaucratic elite authority and a civil service. In addition, it is responsible for the administration of civil bureaucratic operations and government secretaries and cabinet offices in Pakistan. Moreover, The Prime Minister (PM) of Pakistan is the ultimate authority on all matters relating to the civil service. This exam is conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) for the posts of BS-17.
Who Conduct the CSS exam?
CSS exam is conducted by the Federal Public Service Commission on a merit basis.
Services for which the CSS test is conducted:
The following are the departments or services for which the exam is taken to fill the vacancies.
- Railways (Commercial and Transportation) Group
- Police Service of Pakistan
- Office Management Group
- Information Group
- District Management Group
- Commerce and Trade Services
- Postal Services Group
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service
- Military Lands and Cantonment Group
- Income Tax Group
- Foreign Services of Pakistan
- Customer and Excise Services
Both male and female candidates are eligible
Education: Graduation (14 years of education)
Age: 21 – 30 years on 31st of the preceding December.
For example, for CSS-2021 age must be between 21 – 30 years on 31 December 2020.
The candidate must be a citizen of Pakistan or a permanent resident of the state of Jammu and Kashmir.
These exams are based on four main types of tests in order to quantify the knowledge, skills, and mental abilities of the candidate.
- Theory Test
- Medical Test
- Psychological Test
- Viva Voce
The series of theory tests in CSS Exams are based on 12 papers, out of which 6 papers are compulsory and the remaining ones are optional. To qualify in compulsory papers you need 40% marks and for optional exams, you need 33%. You can pick from the list of optional papers specified by the Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) according to your preferred educational discipline. The names of compulsory and optional subjects have been listed below
Compulsory Subjects in CSS Syllabus (600 Marks)
|English (Precis and Composition)||100|
|General Science and Ability||100|
|Islamic Studies Or Alternative Subject for Non-Muslims||100|
Interview conduction cities for CSS exam:
The interview exam is conducted at the following places:
Selection Process for CSS exam:
- Announcement of CSS Exam
- Compliance with the candidate’s eligibility criteria
- Submission of the applications by the candidates
- Written exam
- Medical test
- Psychology test
How to apply for CSS exam:
- The date of the CSS exam is announced in September every year.
- Candidates are advised to submit their application fee in the bank and get the receipt.
- then apply for the CSS exam by filling the online form available at the official website of FPSC.
- Download that online form and attach the required documents along with the bank receipt and post it to the headquarters of FPSC Islamabad.
Documents to be attached:
- Copies of educational documents
- Bank receipt of the deposited exam fee
- Experience certificate if needed for a specific post
- If applied of relaxation of age limit, then submission of relevant certificate by the concerned authorities
- The form is available on the official website of FPSC.
Moreover, For more jobs, you can visit us at Latest Govt and Private Jobs 2020.
In addition, Apply after reading all the instructions.